José María Martín Patino Chair for a Culture of Encounter
The goals of the José María Martín Patino Chair for a Culture of Encounter are:
- To contribute to the development of Spanish society, providing thorough analyses and knowledge on its most important challenges with the purpose of promoting public discussion, participation and commitment and supporting the corresponding decision-makers in every field of our social reality.
- To create and strengthen a collaboration network both within and between institutions in charge to establish work spaces and activities characterised by a multidisciplinary approach, diversity of outlooks and intergenerational encounters as a basis for a fruitful consensus.
The utmost goal of this Chair is to promote active citizenship through knowledge, dialogue and participation.
For these purposes, the Chair is supported by a wide network of collaborators which has been formed for over 20 years through participation in preparing the annual report on social reality in Spain.
Besides, we count with the help of the Chair Advisory Council, formed by leading experts in the fields of interest of this Chair.
Members of the Advisory Council:
- Antonio Abellán, CSIC
- Pedro Cabrera, Universidad Pontificia Comillas
- Mercedes Fernández, Universidad Pontificia Comillas
- Maribel Martínez, Abay Analistas
- Gerardo Meil, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Javier Pérez, CIECODE
- Mª Dolores Puga, CSIC
- Jonas Radl, Universidad Carlos III
- Miguel Requena, UNED
- Fernando Vidal, Universidad Pontificia Comillas
- Antonio Chueca