- Learning outcome
- Global Scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (common reference levels)
- Diploma structured according to the degree program
Traditionally, Comillas has taught languages through a range of unique and cutting-edge study programs.
Comillas is currently adapting its courses to a new set of guidelines designed to ensure greater compatibility between the different education systems in the European Higher Education Area.
Comillas has a long tradition of offering qualified and distinctive study programs that are adapted to social and practical needs, form strong ties with the professional world and facilitate exchanges with other universities. In keeping with this tradition, we offer the Diploma in Communication Skills and Foreign Languages Studies as both a compulsory and supplementary element of all new Bachelor's Degrees.
- This Diploma, designed in accordance with the new regulations on official university courses in Spain, is offered as both a compulsory and supplementary element of all new Bachelor's Degrees.
- It consists of a minimum of 30 ECTS, of which at least 18 must be English modules. To make up the remaining credits, students can take the modules taught in English on their own degree programs.
- The Diploma, studied over the four academic years of the Bachelor's Degree, has various essential common aspects yet its exact structure will vary according to the Bachelor's Degree under which it is studied.
- It offers foreign language modules and the chance to study modules taught in English on the corresponding Bachelor's Degree.
- Some modules form part of the Official Bachelor's Degree while others count toward the Diploma as a private degree.
- The Diploma program is designed according to the level achieved by the student in the admissions tests.
- On some degree programs, students with a proven advanced level (C) can choose to study a different language.
The fundamental aim is for all Comillas students to graduate with a certain level of English, or a different foreign language, which will facilitate entry into their chosen professional field. The Diploma accredits a level of competency and command of English corresponding to B2 or C on the global scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
All Comillas graduates will be equipped with the linguistic tools required to:
- Accurately and effectively communicate in English in personal, academic and professional settings.
- Study part of their Bachelor's Degree abroad as an exchange student.
- Meet the demands of the professional world.