Purpose of the Chair
The purpose of the Chair in Business Internationalization, Diversity and Professional Development is to perform research, training and knowledge dissemination activities which facilitate:
- For businesses, effective planning and execution of their internationalization projects, taking into consideration the needs and expectations of the interest groups involved.
- For current and future professionals, development of skills and competencies which facilitate their professional service in international settings.
Objectives of the Chair
The objectives of the Chair are as follows:
- To act as a meeting point between business and institutions for debate and reflection.
- Creating knowledge about the factors which cause the need for geographical mobility in the present competitive context, as well as about the effects of this phenomenon on business management.
- Providing institutions and businesses with information which enables them to understand this phenomenon and with tools which facilitate the internationalization and management processes of the people involved.
- Perform dissemination and awareness raising activities to encourage responsible attitudes in the areas of education, training, and skills for people in international settings.